Click 'here' to send us an email or order prints
We use DISQUS for comments. Feel free to add comments to posts, there is no need to register or login

Monday, January 9, 2012

Back to normality - Sunday mornings, with beer (Monteith's Black & Monteith's Original Ale) and cheese (Smoked Cheddar from Somerset, Jarlsberg from Australia & a good ol' Kiwi Brie (by Bouton d'Or)).

Both Brett and I have been on holiday this past week. But we have both found time to work on our art - Brett primarily on the Solent. Meanwhile I have been concentrating on Ka945. Which got me thinking about how much time is actually spent on an one of our drawings. I guess it takes, on average, 4 to 5 weeks to finish a picture, sometimes more sometimes less, depending on the complexity of the image. That equates to a minimum of 10 hours per drawing. Brett seems to produce more prints than I do - this will be dependent on the quickness of the hand and whether we spend time during the week drawing - I know Brett does, less so for me. In my case, locomotives tend to have more detail than cars - pipework, grilles, wheels & rods rather than body panels, although reflections & decals on cars will complicate matters for Brett. As my artistic endeavours have progressed, I have tended to combine source images, so that my works are composites, interpretations of the subject matter. Brett tends to replicate a single image. Each to his own. Ka945 has taken an estimated 20 hours, not including research. We sell our prints for $15 to $20. That equates to $1 per hour. A poor return if we only sell one, but if we sell 100 (we limit our print runs to that number) then that's a much more acceptable return for our efforts. We obviously don't do it for the money - although we both get a great deal of pleasure from what we achieve - but your continuing support is important.

Brett added detail to the ERA:



and I beavered away on 945:

No comments:

Post a Comment